Sunday, March 28, 2010

the hitler doll

I don't have a mirror in my bedroom. In fact, I don't even have a dressing table. I don't see the need of having it since I never brush my hair or put on any make up. When I was a teenager, I thought I would grow out of my tomboy phase and would take an interest in grooming myself. Well, my teenage years were thousands years ago and I still don't see the need to put on any make up for any occasion.

Except, of course, for my wedding.

I got away with a lot in my wedding. Everything was hassle free, just the way I like it. It was a small villa wedding in Bali so I was able to go barefoot and wore only a simple white summer dress. I wanted to go bare face as well but my husband, sweetly but firmly, told me that no self respecting bride, even in the most primitive tribe in the depth of amazon would go sans make up in their weddings.

Personally I couldn't care less about some bride in the amazon but I love my husband so I relented. Make up it is.

The make up artist insisted on putting on these fake eye lashes. They were very long and made my eyes itch. Since the first time I saw those fake lashes I knew they were a bad idea. But everyone insisted they would make me a look like a doll. What made everyone think I would like to look like a doll is beyond me. But again I thought, this is a happy occasion, and a pair of stupid fake lashes won't kill me. So bring 'em on!

Bad decision. I was blinking like mad throughout the whole ceremony. That was one of the reasons we haven't really edited the video although the wedding was two years ago. Ha!

Halfway through the party, I couldn't stand them anymore. So I plucked them off and pasted one above my upper lip like a fake mustache. I felt so much better, not to mention that I could channel Hitler much better than I could a pretty doll. Luckily my husband was already drunk at that time so he thought the whole thing was hilarious and took this picture. That's me with my Hitler mustache, in the white tube dress.



No comments:

Post a Comment